With this exciting entry-level position with our company, you will be working within our virtualized environments and related applications. This position requires candidates to complete a paid 90-day training program with a full-time employment offer for candidates that complete the program.
This is an amazing opportunity to get certified, work with senior engineers, and get paid during the entire process.
Here is what we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Ability to work remotely and continue to meet objectives
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012-2019
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows 10
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts, tools, troubleshooting techniques
- Aptitude for self-study and passing software certification exams
- An insatiable appetite for learning new technologies
Our Virtualization Engineer program begins with intense training. Candidates are paid a set hourly rate to learn new technologies via lab builds, study, and pass exams to become certified in specific technology products.
Below is a sample list of software products used within our managed services environments.
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Technologies (Server Operating Systems, Desktop Operating Systems, Office Suite)
- Microsoft Administration Tools (GPO, DFS, Certificate Services, Active Directory)
- Citrix or VMWare Virtualization Technologies
- AppSense/Ivanti User Workspace Manager
- Application Deployment and Delivery Technologies
- PowerShell Scripting
Training is typically a self-study process using a company provided Pluralsight account and virtualized lab environments. It’s crucial that candidates have the aptitude to review software training courseware, conduct self-study, build labs to demonstrate the knowledge acquired, and pass certification exams.
All candidates will have scheduled meetings with our Director of Professional Services who will outline training milestones and weekly goals. Candidates will prepare a PowerPoint presentation as the final phase of the training period. Full-time employment will be decided after the presentation has been submitted.
Candidates will begin their career journey working on Junior Virtualization Engineer assignments for our managed services customers.
As you work on our managed services team, you will be trained on additional software products. Training continues throughout full-time employment.
In time Virtualization Engineers become proficient enough to handle client projects from start to finish, becoming true Project Consultants working directly on client projects.
Working under minimal supervision in a team environment, Virtualization Engineers receive calls and inquiries; provide support in accordance with established processes and document incidents and remedies. They also escalate complex incidents to third and fourth-level support personnel.
Virtualization Engineers would be responsible for handling issues reported by applications & infrastructure support help desk. This may include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Receive calls, emails and web-tickets for end-users and other agency service desks/help desks, and create incident tickets or service request tickets, logging all pertinent information.
- Tracking and classifying incoming incidents or service requests, attempting initially solutions.
- Provides initial assessment of categorization and prioritization for reported incidents and service requests and provides initial support, targeting a higher level of first contact resolution.
- Ensures incidents and service requests are properly escalated and assigned to appropriate support groups.
- Perform hierarchical escalation to service desk management and incident management.
- Provide communication to end users concerning the status of incidents and service requests.
- Analyst would also be responsible for performing daily systems monitoring and reporting tasks using industry standard tools such as Solarwinds Orion and Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Reviewing change control logs
- Reviewing SCOM alerts and other systems alerts
- Reviewing e-mail alerts from the help desk
- Reviewing and creating both daily and weekly status reports for management review of issues encountered
- Serena Change Control Systems
- Endpoint Security Technologies